PAWA (Pan Asian Women’s Association) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and any subsequent UK legislation covering data protection the Data Controller is PAWA (Pan Asian Women’s Association).
This Policy sets out why we collect personal information about individuals and how we use that information. It explains the legal basis for this and the rights you have over the way your information is used.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on the website or contact you directly with the information. Please check this page occasionally to make sure you are happy with any changes. If you have any questions about this Policy or concerning your personal information please contact PAWA Supporter’s Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to PAWA, 620A Kings Road, London SW6 2DU
What type of personal information we collect
The type and amount of information we collect depends on why you are providing it.
The information we collect when you make an enquiry includes your name and email address.
If you are a supporter, for example making a donation, volunteering, registering to fundraise, signing up for an event in addition to asking for your name and email address we may also ask you for your postal address and phone number.
If you are a PAWA Project or volunteer job applicant the information you are asked to provide is as set out in the application and necessary for the purposes of our considering the application.
How we collect information
We may collect information from you whenever you contact us or have any involvement with us for example when you:
- visit our website (Cookies Policy is on the website)
- donate to us or fundraise for us
- enquire about our activities
- sign up to receive our Newsletter
- post content onto our website/social media sites
- volunteer for us
- attend a meeting with us and provide us with information
- take part in our events
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
Where we collect information from
We collect information:
- From you when you give it to us directly: You may provide your details when you ask us for information or make a donation, volunteer, attend our events contact us for any other reason.
- When it is available on social media: Depending on your settings or the privacy policies applying for social media and messaging services you use, like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services
How we use your information
We will use your personal information in a number of ways which reflect the legal basis applying to the processing of your data. These may include:
- providing you with the information you have asked for
- processing donations you make, including processing for Gift Aid purposes
- organising volunteering activity you have told us you want to be involved in and in relation to the fundraising for us you are involved in
- sending you communications with your consent that may be of interest including marketing information about our activities, events, campaigns and donation appeals for which we seek support
- when necessary for carrying out your obligations under any agreement between us
- seeking your views on the activities we carry on so that we can make improvements
- maintaining our organisational records and ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted
- analysing the operation of our website and your website behaviour to improve the website
- processing PAWA Project grants or volunteer job applications
Our legal basis for processing your information
The use of your information for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following applies:
- Where you have provided information to us for the purposes of requesting information, we will proceed on the basis that you have given consent to us using the information for that purpose, based on the way that you provided the information to us. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your information prior to your withdrawal of consent being received and actioned.
- It is necessary for us to hold and use your information so that we can carry out our obligations under an agreement entered into with you or to take steps you ask us to prior to entering into an agreement.
- It is necessary to comply with our legal obligations to governmental organisations and regulatory bodies.
- Where the purpose of our processing is the provision of information to you, we may also rely on the fact that it is necessary for your legitimate interests that we provide the information requested, and given that you have made the request, would presume that there is no prejudice to you in our fulfilling your request.
If you want to contact us about your marketing preferences please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of security of your personal information and take appropriate steps to safeguard it. All paper files are kept secure in alarmed premises.
All PAWA digital files are stored on encrypted secure devices and held in Box.com, a cloud content management and file sharing service which is secured by passwords that are only given to authorised persons. We always ensure only authorised persons have access to your information, which means only PAWA Trustees, Management Committee and authorised volunteers and that everyone who has access is appropriately trained to manage your information.
No data transmission over the internet can ho, however, guaranteed to be 100% secure. So while we strive to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online and you do this at your own risk.
Who has access to your information?
- Third parties who provide services for us, ie Mailchimp, VirginMoneyGiving, Easyfundraising, iZettle, CAF, DoitforCharity, JustTextGiving and Eventbrite. We provide these third parties with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that complies to GDPR regulations.
- Google Analytics and search engine providers that help us to improve our website and its use.
Other than this, we will not share your information with other organisations without your consent.
Keeping your information up to date
We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. They are stored on your hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit. Please read our cookies policy on our website.
We appreciate that our supporters are of all ages. Where appropriate we will ask for consent from a parent or guardian to collect information about children (under 16s).
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity. By way of example, we hold records of donations you make for at least six years so we can fulfill our statutory obligations for tax purposes. Further details can be found in our Retention Policy
Where we rely on your consent to contact you for direct marketing purposes, we will treat your consent as lasting only for as long as it is reasonable to do so. This will usually be for five years. We may periodically ask you to renew your consent.
If you ask us to stop contacting you with marketing or fundraising materials, we will keep a record of your contact details and limited information needed to ensure we comply with your request.
You have the right to request details of the processing activities that we carry out with your personal information through making a Subject Access Request. Such requests have to be made in writing. More details about how to make a request, and the procedure to be followed, can be found in our Data Protection Policy. To make a request contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the following rights:
- the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information; and
- the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”);
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling including profiling for marketing purposes.
All of these rights are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions, further details of which can be found in our Data Protection Policy. To exercise any of these rights, you should contact PAWA’s supporters secretary at the above address.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This Policy may be changed from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on our website or contact you directly with the information.
Do please check this Policy each time you consider giving your personal information to us.